From:
pook la roux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:26:48 -0700
> I have to reset my eating every week or so. I tend
> to gradually
> increase my sweets from the level I set,

That's what I find happens with me, too. More with
other foods than with sweets. We just say absolutely
no to processed sugar. My increasing variables end up
being dried fruit, tomatoes, and "marginal" meats --
and this is exacerbated when I run out of my vitamin
tablets. Then we get back to basics and pick up good
quality meat. Put the dried fruit in a high cupboard.
Throw out the rest of the salsa. And I'm good for a
week or two, until I decide I really want a little bit
of salsa -- then the cycle starts again.

But overall, we eat better in all ways.  I agree that
in many ways our instinctual eating tends toward
increasng and repeated pleasure, so you do have to
keep the conscious mind plugged in at all times to
make sure the animal brain isn't climbing the fruit
tree a little too often.