From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:02:09 -0600
> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:31:00 -0700, chich <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >I just heard of a new eating disorder called orthorexia.

This quote from an essay on his site says it all, I think:

"I almost always recommend dietary improvements to my
patients.  How could I not?  A low fat, semi-vegetarian diet is potent
preventive medicine for nearly all major illnesses, and more focused
dietary interventions can often dramatically improve specific health
problems. "

http://www.orthorexia.com/#_Orthorexia_Essay

I think I used to be orthoexic.  (then again, i am a bit of a
hypocondriac, LOL) That was in my low-fat days.  I think what really
turned things around for me, and what helped me avoid focusing on food
so much was eating food that was actually satisfying... in other
words, eating protein and fat.  I tried forever to be satisfied on a
vegetarian diet, and felt so guilty that it didn't seem to be working.
now i eat tons of meat and fat and ironically i don't feel
guilty... :) strange isn't it?  (maybe not to you paleo folk)

Jana