From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:28:53 -0600
        Frances Salorio <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> <<  she
> looked shocked and oddly dismayed.  "you're not going to eat a POTATO?" >>
>
> My mom sneaks grains and sugars into foods she serves me.
> I do not eat at her house anymore. She out and out lies about
> the ingredients in foods. Hidden sugar and breading, etc. Since
> I began eating no grains and no sugars, I either bring the dinner
> with me (for all) or don't eat there. Frances

My mom always offers bread, cheese, corn chips etc. to my daughter
whenever we go there, even though I have asked her not to (I usually
don't have grains or dairy at home for her).  There is something about
the fact that it is my mom; if it was anyone else I wouldn't put up
with being treated like that.  The best retaliation I have found is to
have her over for dinner more often.

They really think that we will become malnourished if we don't eat grains.
Actually I think the basis of her thinking is that weathly people can afford
lots of meat, freshly squeezed orange juice, etc. but the poor and
humble of us need to stick with leftover crusts of bread and
watered-down coloured sugar water.  Growing up during the war and
all.  That programming is very deep.

Jana