From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:38:40 -0600
Hi Robin,

Welcome to the list.  Good luck with following the diet.  I have to
echo what others said, the cravings go away after a little while.  At
first I needed to stick close to home and plan my meals but now it is
easier to eat out and avoid grains and dairy.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, so I wanted to say, try and
drink lots of water, like 2-3 litres a day.  I found when I went on the
diet strictly, I was suddenly thirsty for water, and for a long time
I'd been told I ought to be drinking this much but found it such a
chore.  Anyway, now I find it easy to drink this much and when I feel
out of sorts, headachy, grouchy it usually means I need water.

Another thing: thanks to the person who mentioned the Lights Out book;
I am enjoying it very much!  It makes so much sense to me, like
another piece of the puzzle fitting in.  I am letting
the house get dark at sunset and not turning on any lights and I fall
asleep at sunset and get up right at sunrise.  Not sure what I will do
in the winter, though, because it is dark for 14 or 15 hours during the
longest night of the year... huddle around the fire and tell stories
and drink Paleo drinks... (ie, water) :-)

-Jana