From:
ardeith l carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:50:03 -0500
On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 18:25:49 -0600 Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]> writes:
 > after my daughter's birth, which was quick, intense, and completely
> under MY control, and not an obstetrician's, i have always been
> convinced that a healthy woman is able to birth easily and escape
> these "perils" and i would guess that with a physiologically proper
> diet, it would be a normal, natural part of life.

Ardeith writes:
Childbirth is hard work....really hard work......and the size of the
baby's head is the reason...........
In the ancient past....in Paleo times....women who had a
pelvis too narrow, would die.....removing that narrow pelvis
from the gene pool......women who had a sufficiently wide
pelvis would successfully bring forth children and pass along
their wide pelvis gene to their daughters.........

Then came along "modern" medicine.....remember the stories
of "doctors" moving from the autopsy suite to the birthing
room without even washing their hands......they caused a
lot of deaths before "medical" people understood the idea
of germs......

In the '40's and '50's doctors had the idea they had to
"manage" the birth.....have complete control of the labor
.....so knocking out the laboring mother was the thing to
do......we've learned better since then......

But "modern" medicine has allowed women who were not
built for childbirth to survive and pass along narrow pelvis
genes.....along with other problems....such as the tendency
to hemmorhage (sp?).....and the tendency to tear.....

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Mother Nature had
had Her way, human females would have evolved with those
nice wide pelvis's that make childbirth possible even if it is
hard work.........But "modern" medicine has interferred with
this and allowed women to give birth when Mother Nature
would have killed them off.........which is OK as far as
individual women who want children goes......but is not
very good for the human species.......

Walk The Path With Practical Feet!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.