From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:15:49 -0800
Yup; I used my TR22C for many years as a base station also.  Used it
indoors with a quarter-wave whip made from a coat hanger as well as the
rubber duck which I used (hanging down, of course) when using the radio
portable.  For long-term used, I'd also carry (on the other shoulder) a
8-amp-hour gelcell pack that would run the little Drake almost
indefinitely.  A friend built me a 2-meter amplifier running a 829 and
driven at 1 watt that would give me 25 watts out easily.

I also had all 12 channels crystaled up.

That was, indeed, a great little radio!

First 2-meter FM machine I owned, though, was the 2-meter equivalent of
the Pierce-Simpson VHF marine rig -- 25 watts, six channel crystal rig.

Anyone use a G.E. Prog Line?

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >