From:
JM Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:36:18 -1000

Hello Folks

For those who want to get away from it all, AND eat safe food, stay at the
Manele Bay Hotel on the private island of Lana'i.

We just returned from four days at the resort and it was wonderful. Monika
contacted the hotel ahead of time and was put in touch with the executive
chef, Edwin Goto.

He developed a menu for all our meals, and e-mailed it to us, complete with
ingredient lists. Monika reviewed some of the brands with him, and he
modified the ingredients.

After we arrived at the hotel, we went to The Pool Grille for lunch. As soon
as we told the waiter our name, he recognized it right away, and within a
few minutes, Brian, one of the other chefs showed up to review our menus. It
soon became obvious that there had been quite a bit of preps for our visit.
Our first meal was a seafood salad, which was to die for. In fact, several
times our meal came out and someone sitting nearby put down their menu and
wanted to order what we had!

Each dinner was carefully and beautifully prepared and I went 4 wonderful
days, not worrying about food. Several extras that we had not planned on,
like a chocolate creme brulee dessert were also served up.

And by the way, the snorkeling in Hulopo'e Bay is great. The dolphins came
into the Bay every day we were there, too.

For a live view of the pool, with Hulopo'e Bay in the background, click on:
http://www.manelebayhotel.com/livecam.cfm

Check it out!

Joe Bradley
Pearl City, HI