From:
Kathy Gorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:45:34 -0500
WHEW!! I feel your frustration!!

As far as any Windows XP problems related to you (and actually it wasn't
an XP problem, but a hardware BIOS problem), the GeForce 2/XP install
failure is the only one I can think of...

It sounds like there were problems long before Windows XP. You were
installing/upgrading a bunch of stuff, and something went bezerk along
the way...

I'm not clear, have you reformatted and tried installing XP fresh on
your new drive? I have found XP extremely stable and easy to install if
there are no hardware conflicts/problems. If you are reluctant to do a
completely new install, why not do a dual boot and see if you are able
to install XP clean. During setup, pick the advanced setting and select
the partition where you would like XP. You can then select from a menu
at boot which OS you want.