From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:24:05 -0800
You should be able to make it work as long as you follow the same address
scheme as IC uses.
You don't mention what OS but I have done this many times with Windows 2000.

I suspect your problem has to do with not having a defined Gate Way. Here
is how you would set the Network up from scratch.
Go through your settings and find what is missing.

Setup up each client with a fixed IP address using a private scheme
identical to what ICS uses.

In Control Panel >> Network >>>setup select the TC/IP driver for your LAN
NIC, press Properties

Select the IP Address TAB
use 192.168.0.X   where X is 2 or 3 or 4 etc...BUT NOT 1 which will always
be the ICS box
Each computer gets a different IP address.
make the SubNet Mask on all PCs 255.255.255.0

Select the   GateWay TAB which and point all PCs to the ICS box ....make it
192.168.0.1 which by default is your IC box

You may or may not need to enable a DNS search order. Try it without DNS
first. If it doesn't work then click on the DNS Configuration Tab...
Select Enable DNS , under Host put the name of the individual computers
...as they appear on the LAN
Under Domain put the domain of your ISP.  which will be something like
this >>>  home.ca.net
Under DNS Server Search order you can use any DNS server but preferably
your ISPs, if you know it, or can get it.
Or use these from Netgear's  DNS servers
4.2.2.1
4.2.2.2
4.2.2.3

I know that this approach works on Win 2000 ICS, however I have not tried
it on Win 9X, or XP ICS.
  I don't see why it wouldn't work. You are simply manually assigning a IP
address using the same addressing scheme that ICS uses.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group