From:
Michael T Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 22:32:49 -0500
Joe!

   Ah, I see you have a PC Chips jumperless M598LMR motherboard. The problem you have run into happens to alot of people and they never know it...you just happend to catch it!

   Its being caused slight voltage changes (usually caused by varing current demands of the harddrive) on this kind of MB. The fix is very simple. Just take the CPU plug and play setting in BIOS from AUTO to USER DEFINE. This will "usually" keep the BIOS from switching Bus speeds under operations. Set as followed:

   CPU Plug and Play        User Define
   CPU Brand                AMD
   VCCore Voltage           2.2V (or 2.3V)
   CPU Base Frequency       100Mhz
   CPU Multiple Factory     x3.5 (or x4.0 to be bold)(2.3V required)

   This should fixit...

   Max
   MaxProAndU

--