From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 01:57:30 -0400
I never had a Compaq Monitor of my own.

With mine, (a three year old NEC) it sounds like it could
be a couple things.
I have that trouble when I change Video drivers.
I also have that problem when I change Video Resolutions inside
the same driver until I "train" the monitor with the manual (push button)
settings for each screen resolution.
And it could be a bad monitor with some sort of problem.

So questions: Does the Video Driver change when this happens?
Does the screen resolution (although distorted) seem to be set
to the same "size" (800x600, etc...)

They need to see if the only thing changing is what they see, or if
settings are being changed by "something" for some reason.

If the above does not help, I'd switch to plain VGA, and un-install
the Video Card video driver, and then re-install the newest version.

                 Rick Glazier