From:
Pilgrim South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:13:41 -0600

Dear Friends,

The nummy bread is loved by our whole family (remember my various posts
about it) but I can't seem to eat it any longer.  I apparently am having
trouble with the starches.  I always look for weight gainers as I am very
small and have trouble keeping weight on. Eating the bread has swelled up
my intestines again, no diahreah or anything just swollen up.  We have
spent our life savings on me so have no money any longer for Dr.'s besides
that, they have done me more harm than good! I have gotten more help from
this list!!!  Anyway, are there others out there that have trouble with
sugars and starches?  It was suggested to me to read Breaking the Vicious
Cycle and trying the specific carbohydrate diet and I did that.  All
swelling went away and it was great but....for the fact that I was always
exhausted because I couldn't get enough calories because I couldn't eat the
yogurt or nut things because they produced allergic responses.  I lost
oodles of weight and got down to about 90 lbs.  I went off the diet and
back onto the regular gluten free diet. Thus my nummy bread discovery.
Eating the bread and everything else helped me to gain weight back up to
about 105lbs!!  However, now I am swollen again in my intestines and my
glands are filling up again like before (which had cleared out on the scdiet.

I read something in an article about people that have trouble with
sugar/starches missing something called intrinsic factor?  Does anyone know
anything about that?  I am very curious!!

We all just take one day at a time since what works today may not
tomorrow.  One of the most beneficial things for me has been live digestive
enzymes.  Although I have switched companies and enzymes without them I
would be in real trouble!!  But, I was wondering if the intrinsic factor is
an enzyme or what it is?!!  I haven't asked the nutritionist yet about it
and wanted to run it past all of you first.

I am off list for a while (too much mail) so could you answer me directly
and then I will summarize to the list.

Thanks again!!!  Pilgrim South

Visit our families web site at: http://members.aol.com/SowersSeed