From:
Nicole Geerts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:18:02 -0500

I want to sincerely thank each and every person who genorously wrote to
encourage, co-miserate, advise and share valuable information with me.
Many wrote to suggest further food allergies, microscopic colitis or trace
amounts of gluten.  And a few told me it was abnormal to have diarrhea for
30 years. THANK YOU!!  I have seen many doctors in my 30 years and NOBODY
told me that!!

So I pulled out an old food diary and discovered I have always had a
problem with corn and beef.  Then I gave myself my own toaster, butter dish
and pan to cook my food separate from my family's to eliminate any traces
of gluten.  That has helped tremendously in the digestive department.

Many also highly recommended the GI's at Grand River Gastroenterology--
affiliates of St. Mary's Hospital with offices in the Peter M. Wege
Building (310 Lafayette SE,GR, MI  Phone 752-6525).  I called this
morning and spoke with a very pleasant woman who said the Drs. see many
with celiac disease.  So I scheduled an appointment.  I also learned the
name of an internist who is well versed in celiac.  Her name is Dr. Taru
Patel with Michigan Medical PC (3322 Beltline Ct. NE, Phone 364-7015).

Thank you all once again.

Nicole