From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:47:37 -0500
I have asked the question several times if anybody has been able to actually do a clean full install using the XP upgrade CD. That is, if you have a brand new unused hard drive, or a reformatted old hard drive that has been wiped clean of the previous OS, has anyone used the XP upgrade CD to do a full install in this situation?  With Win 98 you could just put in the CD from Win 95 when it asked for proof, then do a full install from the Win 98 upgrade disk.  I believe they closed that loophole with Win ME. If someone has done that, please tell Demetri and the rest of us how you did it.