From:
Tom Billiodeaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:52:46 -0600
Sharing a bus with different speed devices usually makes the bus resort to
the least common speed.
I am not sure if this is true in your case and o/s though.

When you boot up, what does your bios recognize?

You should see if it is allowing ATA 100 for the hdd
and ATA 33 for the cdrw.....which I would be surprised to see.

Please let me know what you are getting with your config.

You can get a 40pin cable at Radio Shak or any place that sells computer
stuff for <$7.00.

I always keep them on seperate channels to be independent of the
burning/reading functions as well as being to keep speeds maxed.

With faster machines, and burnproof, this has not been so much a problem.
But if your cdrw is not able to do burnproof, you may experience over or
under runs.

Where will you be in 100 years? If you don't know, I can tell you. (and its
not the grave). Write me.