From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 07:42:42 -0400
Did you remember to format your brand new drive?  You might try pulling the power plugs on your other drives so only your C drive is running when you do the install. Do a search at www.google.com for "Installing Windows 98" for very detailed instructions.
>> Hard drive is brand new and I've used the OS disk before very successfully
>> -- not a mark on it.  All the drives are new.  I know I didn't include
>> them in the original list of what's on the system (it was well after
>> midnight when I wrote) but I have a 40g hard drive, CD-ROM and CD-RW
>> also in the system.  Anyway, it is a genuine MS copy.  I do have Win
>> 2000, but have never used it and was hoping to
>> set up my new system with what I know and go from there.  Might just
>> have to go with Win 2000.
>>
>> > If I were having trouble installing the OS, first thing I'd look
>> at is the copy of the OS, then the drive.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml