From:
Tom Billiodeaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:14:30 -0500
I had trouble installing W98 on a system and this is the resolve:

1. If you have not installed W98 in a while, remember that when it reboots,
remove your cd briefly but replace it in the cdrom before windows starts
immediately loading when it comes up from the first reboot.  This plaged me
until I figured out what was happening with missing drivers/files.
2.  Make sure your cdrom/cdrw is reading properly. I had a LiteON that was
faulty and causing errors when the hdd accessed files.
It is best to install using a cdrom.
3. If you intend to dual boot with W2k (recommended highly), Install W98
first using 3gb. Then make another 3gb logical partition for w2k. then
create another logical partition with the balance space for your stuff.
Install all major applications that you will always use on each install
(word processor, Acrobat reader, Spreadsheet, cdrw software) onto the root
partition of the o/s.  When that is done, make a system backup cd using
NGhost 6.5 or Drive Image 4.0 or some cloning software to burn to your cdrw.
Also do this after updating the latest SPxx for explorer and Windows.
If any passwords are used, be sure to write them on the cd and date it.

Where will you be in 100 years? If you don't know, I can tell you. (and its
not the grave). Write me.