From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 16:25:55 -0700
I just received a copy of the Atkins news letter of May/97 and he is very
unsupportative of drinking purple grape juice to "deter arterial blockages
as do red wine and aspirin".

Atkins refers to studies showing were orange and grapefruit juice, also
containing bioflavonoids, but didn't prevent blood clotting as well as
grape juice.

Three glasses per day is the quantity refered to as being beneficial
according to the studies.

Far too much in the way of carbohydrates which "itself promotes heart
disease, not to mention disrupting blood-sugar stability and encouraging
diabetes" indicates Atkins.

He recommends getting your bioflavonoid protection from supplements.

So, that leaves me who just quit drinking wine on NeanderThin to take
supplements because no way my diabetes nor lipids would be able to
withstand a glass of, let alone 3 glasses of, purple grape juice.

Idea, squeeze the grapes and dehydrate them as a "supplement" -- I'm
wondering if that will work?

Grant
Who must restrict carbohydrates.
----->