From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 15:40:12 -0800
A Closed Captioning decoder is an speech to text convertor,... for
something like a TV turner card.
Many modern televisions provide closed captioning to assist the hearing
impaired.  Enable Closed Captioning and you see speech appear as text
scrolling across the bottom of the screen. With a PC TV card, it could also
be useful in creating a transcript of a TV broadcast.
Do you have anything like this running in the background, perhaps with a PC
TV turner VCR auto record setup?

Rode
The NOSPIN Group