From:
"Chris W. Street" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:21:52 EST
In a message dated 3/17/02 4:58:11 PM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< If I set my Windows ME  PC to go into standby or hibernate mode I get the
 following error when it tries to enter that mode: "Your computer cannot
 hibernate or standby because the Closed Caption Decoder cannot enter into a
 low-power state."
 What is this decoder and how can I disable it? >>
It sounds like an accessibility feature and can be turned on/off in control
panel. Go to control panel, click add/remove programs and then click windows
setup, this will tell you everything that is or is not setup. To turn them
on/off (setup or remove) put a check mark by them for on and remove it for
off. If you will look closely you will notice as you click on them a brief
description of each is given. You may need your windows ck to make changes,
sometimes when you exit  it asks for it if you make no changes, just click
cancel if no changes were made. Hope this helps,
Chris W. Street.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml