From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:58:18 -0400
If Win 98 runs on the IBM drive, I can't see how it can be a drive issue. I seem to remember that Win 2K had some installation problems when it was introduced, but I don't know if MS fixed them on later copies.  For it to be a drive issue, the drive would have to know the difference between Win 98 and Win 2K.  How old is your copy of Win 2K ?  Is this a brand new genuine copy from MS, or is it a suspect eBay purchase?  There is no reason I can think of that a working drive (Win 98) would discriminate among operating systems.