From:
Chris Silker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:54:26 -0600

Y'know, that "Bette Hegmen four-flour blend" works so well for quick
breads, bars, cakes, and cookies that I might have to stop using
"gluten-free" recipes entirely!   ;>

Here's my adaptation of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars. Made them for a party
last weekend, and the gluten-eaters couldn't believe they didn't contain
"regular" flour. They are very moist.

4 eggs
2 c sugar
3/4 c margarine
one can of pumkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 c four-flour blend
2 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon (and I tend to measure this generously)
2+ tsp nutmeg
1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt
1 - 2 c semisweet chocolate chips

Cream margarine. Add eggs and sugar and mix well. Add dry ingredients and
mix well. Add pumpkin and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 325F
for 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Happy holiday!

Chris
Minneapolis MN