From:
Alan Priol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:13:30 +1100
Joseph, I think you will find Jim is referring to the shutdown options
displayed when "Start, Shutdown" is selected. The one referred to would
be "Restart in DOS mode".

Cheers,
Alan Priol

I still have no idea what you're talking about.  I cannot, for the life
of me, recall any screen during shutdown on which you'd get a DOS prompt
once Windows is installed.  Are you talking about during
fdisking/formatting? Is Windows installed as you said in your first
posting?  Is it stalling at some point while you're running on the
startup disk?  Exactly where in the process is this occurring?  Wait,
are you talking about you click on start/shutdown and then you choose
"start up in DOS"?

--

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com