From:
"Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:11:00 -0500
At 12:39 AM 2/3/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know where I could get a circuit board for a Quantum Fireball
>EX (circa 1999)?  The drive got fried but it looks as though all the
>damage occurred on the outer circuit board.  Any suggestions would be
>greatly appreciated.
I had the exact same problem a few months ago. I saw a burn mark on the
circuit board. Luckily, mine is still under warranty. I got the exact same
drive back from the manufacturer, and I replaced the burnt circuit board
with the one on refurbished one, the old one worked fine. I saved my data
from the old one and switched the circuit board back to the new one.

Maybe you can call Quantum to see if they sell refurbished one like yours.
Mine is Western Digital and they told me they keep stock of many models for
warranty replacement. 1999 isn't too old (mine 2000) and you might still
find a few left.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml