From:
Brighteyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:27:51 -0800
Hello Stan,
Well I am a Windows 2000 Pro user/fan. I just installed it on my machine on the 13th of
January.
OS Before that was Windows 98SE YUCK!
Yes it took me many hours to get it all together, drivers etc installed on here.
However, all of my hardware was very compatible, which is a very big problem with XP.
Also XP is still new and very very very buggy. And has way too many security holes still and
does not
have many new builds yet at all. Whereas Windows 2000 PRO has a new Build and pretty much, the
bugs are out of it and its not only very secure but the most stable OS I have ever played with.
I had a hard time figuring out how to set this up, but once I did. I have been more than
impressed with it.
And I have not had a crash one time, have not had to reboot but three times after all the
setting up, nor have I had a minor burp happen on here at all. And I have been very brutal to
it already. And I run a lot of graphic programs on this at one time and I have not had any
problems running out of resources. I was constantly rebooting
with Windows 98SE to get my resources back up and reset. Not with this. I am in heaven *S*
I highly recommend going through the reformatt on this one. And I highly recommend that you
reformat when you do this and do a clean install. Do not, copy it over another OS. That would
defeat the whole purpose.
I just cant say enough good about this program. I am very very happy for the first time with a
Windows Product. And I could have gotten XP and I say, no thank you. I want to relax and enjoy
my computer once and for all.
They are both a bit of work to install. But its well worth it. As far as most compatable with
old hardware.
Windows 2000 Pro................. Hands down.
I give it a 10++++++ on the scale. I would not go near XP for at least another year. They
better have 3 builds before I would ever consider such a move.
Hope this has helped you.
Best of luck to you.
Sue Dobbs

<<SNIP>>

I am collecting some points "why it is better to have XP than 2000" <g>.
So users of both systems, if you know, please share with it.

Which OS supports old hardware better, which one easier to install
etc.
--
Stanislav Rabinovich
<<SNIP>>