Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 02:01:58 -0700
  Assuming Tom's suggestion is correct[*], the necessary service
*may* be listed on the "Devices" control panel rather than
"Services".  [The two work very similarly, except that the entries
under "Devices" are more likely to be associated with specific
hardware/drivers.]

[*] Although I do not currently have any NT machines using native IDE
support, I *have* used it extensively in the past without ever seeing
this particular scenario.  Tom's suggestion sounds reasonable to me.

David Gillett