C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:10:10 EST
Hi Betty...
Wow, I totally missed understanding that Kathy Jo had been forced to go to
the hair appointment. I don't believe she said that. My read on it was that
she had been depressed all day. If I am wrong, then I think Betty is right,
up to a point.

Kathy Jo, let me ask you directly ... did you want to go to the hair
appointment or not? Did you state your wishes to your aide?  and, were you
given a choice about whether or not you wanted to go to the aide's apartment.
 (for all we know, The Aide might have thought it would cheer Kathy Jo up to
go somewhere different, more likely the girl needed to calm her nerves after
the incident.  BTW, Kathy Jo, did your actions cause an accident?)

But I draw the line at involving others in a suicide attempt. and Kat is
right, a suicide attempt is a cry for help, even though we probably
understand what she's depressed about because it has to do with
oppression.... I could not live without my celexa pill. my aides too, cannot
cope with my mood swings and crying and swearing. I swear and one aide thinks
I should be in counseling... She never swears, and I get frustrated because
that is how I was raised; my Mom swore a lot and did it every day... I'm much
better about it, because I've worked on my rage and can see the red flags.
But I am not perfect, and If I want to keep the best aide I've ever had, I
cannot go losing my temper around her.

mag