C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:51:16 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Here is my letter to Dr. Delaney (again), and her response to me... Hopefully we WILL write something someday.

Jenn

Dear Dr. Delaney,

I am writing to ask for another big favour. I have been researching on Medline, just for the sake of interest, and note that there is a lack of articles written in medical journals regarding adults with cerebral palsy. Perhaps this is because people such as myself are the first to survive prematurity, or because new physicians are told that cerebral palsy is a brain injury that occurs in childhood, and sometimes forget that children grow into adults

I want to be able to share my experience as an adult with cerebral palsy with the medical community, and wonder if you would be willing to help me write an article about it.

I know that you are busy, and that it is a  lot to ask, but I think physicians would benefit from knowing what I have gone through in terms of orthopaedic surgery, Botox injections, trigger point injections, oral medication, the benefits of selective dorsal rhizotomy, the diagnosis of possible secondary dystonia and Intrathecal Baclofen, if this should become reality for me.

Could you please let me know what you think of this? I know it will only be a case study, but, should I receive the baclofen pump, I am reasonably sure I would be the first adult in Canada to undergo SDR and ITB Therapy. There is also no one I would rather have author an article about me than you!

Please let me know what you think.
Thank you so much.
Jenn

Here is Dr. Delaney's response:

Jennifer,
I, too, have considered writing a paper about you.
I thought it best if we wait until all treatments are tried...i.e. at least
until the Baclofen pump is tried.
G.Delaney

What do you think?