From:
Heidrun Schröder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 08:53:16 +0200
Hi everyone,
since a few weeks my printer, a HP DeskJet 930C, is causing some trouble.
First few months I did not notice this problem so I suppose it was not
existing but am not sure. It does not print clearly now when it comes to
printing black text only (did actually not notice it when printing text with
pictures in-between and text printed in blue for example is all okay as
well). I am refilling the cartridges and thought it might be that the ink
was wrong or too old maybe. First I only noticed it with printing small font
sizes of fonts that did not come with any of the Windows programs but now it
goes up to Arial or Times New Roman size 13 even. The writing comes out
blurred with the one or other line within each letter missing and also some
entire text lines are worse than others while some are completely clear. I
did run the clean function from HP's toolbox and the result looks just
perfect. There are really tiny letters printed out and they look 100% clear
as well as the bigger ones, so I think it can neither be the ink nor the
cartridge that are causing the problem. I uninstalled/re-installed the
printer using HP's CD - no change, I.e. the test page (text) that is printed
looks blurred in some lines, while the photo-test page looks just great. was
looking for a new driver on the HP site but the version number of the driver
is given as 3.1 while mine is said to be 4 (maybe it is a different version
number specially for ME which I found online while mine from the CD is just
something "good for all Windows versions" or such) and well, trying to
download the driver anyway did not work so far... any ideas how to solve the
problem would be appreciated a lot.
TIA - Heidrun Schroeder

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml