C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 05:27:08 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Hi,
> well, Calif. voters defeated a term limits change, which would have gutted
> the term limits law we voted for ten years ago.  I saw that, and I muttered
>
> to myself, those b#s%ds, of course they want to stay in office forever, but
>
> we aren't idiots.

------------------------
No, that was before my time. He neglected me in other ways though. like being

in new Zealand 3 weeks without a email, or a phone cal, or a fax, and no
gifts when he came home. that really was the final straw.   mag
--------------------

that's all I was saying ... to not tell Anthony he can't do something. get
him to dream big! mag
-------------------

n a message dated 3/7/02 10:43:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> My parents still
> think it's neat that I did all this stuff, but I'm not sure they ever think
> about the cost.  Even worse, they probably still think a lot of that
> over-reaching was worth it.  Were your parents that way

Yeah, my dad is convinced that even though I'm now in a chair that it was
worth the cost.  And like you, I wonder ... but I have come to terms with
being in a chair.  I love the fact that I can go out on really long walks by
myself and still have energy to burn when I arrive at wherever I am going. It
was always a big chore to walk and stuff.  It took the PT at my dad's
retirement home to let dad know that I may not walk like that again.  (dad
has been very sad about that, and I try to explain to him that the chair is
actually my liberation)!

mag

Boy, I can relate, Brent! To the part about being a geek.  I had to get A's
or nothing at all. that is what caused my nervous breakdown in college.

Kyle; it is great that you're finally doing the right thing.

--------
btw; Kyle or deri, my posts were rejected because I went over the 20 daily
limit. Any wy to raise that?

mag