C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:48:08 EST
Hi Everyone,

My sincere apologies if you find my notes lately depressing. I cried
myself to sleep last night, just praying to God for an answer to this
pain, for the doctors to see that I am actually human and need help
desperately. I had held out so much hope when I initially met them at
Christmas time that they wanted to help me, sided with my plight, did not
want to see me in pain... But it doesn't appear to be that way-- they just
want to do the surgery when it is conveinent for them, even though I
already know (through 2 weeks of my own hard work), that insurance will
cover whichever strength of Intrathecal Baclofen I may need. I am so sick
of being in pain, so sick of taking morphine, oxazepam, clonazepam. I am
so sick of being accussed of things I did not do--like force Dr. Albright
(a very wonderful neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh who has been my true friend
through all of this crap), to write a letter on my behalf. I just want
somebody to help me. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN, HARASSS THE NEUROLOGIST
OR NEUROSURGEON...I cry as I WRITE THIS BECAUSE I AM JUST SO TIRED AND
CAN'T WAIT TILL MAY FOR TREATMENT... I just can't.  How I wish Dr Albright
could do my surgery.

JENN