C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:39:31 EST
In a message dated 1/19/2002 2:06:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> if it wasn't
> > for these `superior' AB's I would collapse into moral degenerancy or
> > unhealthy dependency if left to my own incompetent devices

If it weren't for them, I would have gotten my retirement on time, my power
chair on time, my health insurance wouldn't have been cut off for four months
at the same damn time I was burying my Mom (except that she's not buried but
right here in an urn on the piano where I can finally get the last word at
her but that's another story), the physical issues secondary to the way I
navigate or don't navigate due to my condition wouldn't have been
unnecessarily and permanently, PERMANENTLY worsened (don't think I don't get
mad every time I pick up my guitar and can't play worth a crap because of the
pain anymore) by these blasted delays -- all due to AB laziness, my let's
see...there's no way I can be running out of examples this early.  I wouldn't
have been kicked to the curb by them, and been made to want to die because of
that cheap and lousy expulsion, etc, etc., etc.

Everything, every last thing that makes me look like a burden to society has
been  caused, caused, CAUSED by some lazy and/or incompetant AB.  You don't
think they're going to focus on the root cause, though, do you?

Neither should you think that I will let them focus on anything else.  When
we adopt an overall "work or don't eat and die" policy for those who live
their whole career lives choosing to be burdens to society (they have been a
burden to me, and I insist that I be considered part of society), then the
rest can come after me and call me the burden.

I'll not lay down and die to support these lazy bastards though.  No sir, I
will not, and neither should anyone else.  Don't kid yourself.  There is
money, money, and more money for all the adaptations you will ever need in
your whole blasted life to have any career you want.  It's being thrown,
flushed, heaved or whatever down the toilet though, to support people who
spend their entire work lives talking with their friends on the work
telephone while fighting the employer for thinking he has the right to listen
in on work phone conversations.

Don't kid yourself. You've been beaten and robbed and that's all there is to
it.