From:
Solange Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:05:34 EST

Good evening to all,

I have been squeeky clean and GF for four months now with tremendous
improvement in the way I feel.  I do not miss the chronic rashes and diarreah
one bit!  This past weekend I was invited to a Halloween Party which I
attended. The fare was Eastern Indian and I was able to eat such lovely
things as Chicken Tandoori, Basmati Rice, Mango Chutney, and lots of spicy
veggies and chickpea flour tortillas which are heavenly.

After the meal they served a gorgeous non GF cake with lots of fruit on top.
Heres where I go off and slip up.  I plucked some fruits from the top and ate
them greedily.  Within a very short time I got sick.  I know it was not from
the meal.  My reaction to gluten is rapid fire, and usually I rash up in 10
minutes.  My manfriend said I shouldn't have tried that fruit trick because
the fruit was baked in the cake and was contaminated.  He isn't even celiac
and he knows that.  Sometimes I just make mistakes.  So, please everyone, I
know the holidays are coming and we will be faced with temptations, so let's
try to avoid them.

Another point.  I just purchased some McDonalds gift certificates for
Halloween.  I realize kids may not be able to eat the candy this year for
obvious reasons.  Also, since many kids are also celiac, these coupons (which
are very inexpensive at 12 tcoupons for a buck), entitle them to a dessert, a
child's drink, or a child's fries. I just want to keep all our kids safe.

Take care of yourselves.

Love and peace always,

Libby
NYC