From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 14:12:38 -0400
Ward,

I'd expect "dollar stores" and Walmart to have that.  I know I've seen it,
I just don't know where.  So they're really supposed to work, huh?  We have
that problem in our house almost daily!

John Pavao

(PS - the "space age" began in the 1960's... my '68 Chevy Impala was a
space-age vehicle<g>)

----------
Hey, fellow paleoeaters :-) , in my last post I mentioned the inconvenience
of having to cook meat and often forgetting to get it thawed in time for a
meal. There is a great solution for quick-thawing I've heard about but
don't know where to get.

Have any of you heard of these "Miracle Thaw" slabs of metal that are made
out of a some special space-age alloy that is super-conductive of heat?
I've heard they used to sell them with infomericals on T.V. and normally
I'm quite skeptical of these things. But recently read I a consumer
reports-type review of them by someone who is normally very skeptical who
said they worked just as well as advertised, maybe even better.

You lay frozen meat or anything else on it, and the alloy is so conductive
that it will wick heat right into your meat and thaw it in something like
15 minutes or less. I would love to get my hands on one of these things,
but I'm not sure where to look for them. Anybody have any leads? Thanks,

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS