From:
John Beaulieu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:37:11 -0400
If you haven't done so already I would try two very cheap things in the
process of elimination.

First I would try a different cable from wall to modem, and second if that
did no good I would buy a new phone jack plate/connecter for the wall
(around five bucks). Also, call the phone company and have them do a check
for noise on the line.

John Beaulieu

> Hi
> I am having a problem with connecting to the internet.  Sometimes it works
fine, but mostly when I try to connect  I the following:
> "Dialing...
> Failed to connect to remote computer.
> No dial tone. Make sure the modem is correctly connected to the computer
and phone line."
> If I try unplugging and plugging in the telephone cable from the modem to
the telephone jack and trying again it will then connect, but sometimes I
have to do this a few times to get it to work.