From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 22:12:47 -0500
Paul Getty wrote:
In the case of being able to eat grain, the genetic change
> certainly is not a flaw as it allows the individual to live in
> circumstances in which he otherwise could starve.  It's a genetic improvement.

In 1843, Stanislas Tanchou first grouped what are now known as
autoimmune disorders. His finding that the more grain you eat, the more
likely you are to develop cancer is, statistically, one of the best risk
assessment criteria for determining one's likelihood to develop the
disease. Again, the point is what is natural? What is the best food for
me? Whether I can survive in the long term eating a known carcinogen
such as grain is not an experiment in which I am willing to participate.

Troy Gilchrist