From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 02:06:10 -0600
If scrolling is the problem, First you should update to the latest DirectX
from http://www.microsoft.com/directx  Make sure to update your video
drivers as well!

If at this point you still experience the lockup, then right click on my
computer, select the properties option, the click the performance tab, and
back off the Hardware acceleration, until the lockups go away! If you still
experience problems, then you will need to look at something other than the
Video, which could be many things, including a Bad Main Board, CPU, Memory,
or maybe just a heat related problem!

Steve