From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:18:36 -0600
George;
Abit, Asus,Soyo (and others) all make good motherboards.
A 1.4gig  Athlon would be pretty good bang for the buck .
Sounds like you want to build high end system, unless
your recycled monitor is a really nice one, You might
consider a higher-end 19 or 21 inch trinitron monitor.
I have a Sony G400 that I really enjoy.
I'm running Win2k/WinXP on a AbitKT7-raid with a 1.0 gig Duron with 256mb ,
G-force 32 mb videocard,
256mb CAS2 Sdram - 7200 rpm hdrives on ATA100 controller.
I can't imagine anyone (actually) needing more speed.
I would use my money to by a good monitor, once you have one you will see
what I mean.
Your eyes will thank you.

<>< Larry Fisk
         Fisk Computers