From:
Steve Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:03:55 -0700
I am going to be setting up a computer soon that has
built in RAID (Promise) on a new DFI model Main Board,
and I have never attempted this yet! I will be using
Win98, and I have purchased 2 IBM 7200 RPM drives that
are both identical 40 gig drives. What I want to
attempt is to set these two drives up for RAID (1)
Stripping. Please correct me if this is the wrong
type.

My question is, how should these drives be
Partitioned, and formated?  Does the raid controller,
or controller driver handle this function, or is there
some trick. My guess is that the driver for this
controller MUST load as a TSR at boot. We want to have
these 2 drives just show up as one drive and use
stripping for perfomance only!

Any help, or suggestions will be appreciated!!

Thanks, Steve Wolfe