From:
Stefan Schull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 02:32:02 -0500
I'm back to the list with yet another confusing problem ;-).

I just rebuilt my system with some donationware parts and reloaded Redhat
Linux 7.2 and Windows XP Professional.  Everything runs excellent,
everything is configured right with proper drivers, however my trusty old
SB16 ISA PnP (CT2940) is not playing nice with XP and my new motherboard.
On the right channel I get this extremely annoying popping noise.  I
checked all hardware connections, and even tried nonamplified speakers --
still there.  I adjusted the mixer so that all inputs and outputs were
muted (except for master and wave outs.)  Still poping noises.  The odd
part is that in Linux everything sounds and works great...  And with my
old motherboard and processor everything worked great in both operating
systems.

Here are the specs of the current config:

Sorry about the length, I have no clue what could be wrong!

FIC SD11 Slot A Mobo
Athlon 700
256 PC100
Voodoo3 2000
WinTV Go PCI Tuner
BestData PCI Winmodem
AOpen Realtek 8139 NIC
one Maxtor HD
one WD HD
Vanilla CDROM
HP Burner
and the Trusty CT2940

The old config consisted of the same items except an Asus P5A mobo with a
K6-2 450 w/128PC100.

Also noteworthy, there is only one ISA slot on this new mobo, so
repositioning of the card is not an option...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stefan Schull