AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 08:37:12 -0500
From: Juan Jose Lopez <[log in to unmask]> 10/02/01 07:10PM >>>
Peter,

Will you please send the Madison Metropolitan ESL grant goals to the LASUP,
CU and LUChA listserves.  Thank you.

Juan Jose Lopez

Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:56:58 -0500
From: Art Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ESL grant goals

The money is designated for training and was written in conjunction with
UW. The specific goals are:

1.      We will provide training to 15 bilingual individuals to become
certified bilingual teachers.  Fifteen (15) teachers will be trained to
meet the requirements for ESL certification.

2.      We will develop a new bilingual education program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

3.      We will develop assessment strategies needed to evaluate degree program graduates and participants in our training activities.

4.      We will convene seminars or institutes to enable language minority participants to interact with and learn from administrators, experienced teachers and faculty members during the seminars and institutes as well as at the Teaching & Learning sites.

5.      We will provide training to at least 5 teachers to acquire specialized skills in teaching reading to ELL students.

6.      We will develop an early childhood literacy curriculum for young ELL students.

7.      We will offer the opportunity for all Hispanic/Latino and Southeast
Asian participants in this project  to meet the language competency
requirement for bilingual education certification.

Art

.