NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:01:38 -0400
Hi! Today was Tyler's first endocrinologist appt.  We went on the advice of the GI who can't understand why Tyler continues to not gain weight eventhough he eats well and is on a 30 cal/oz. formula.

Well, he **LOST** 4 ounces, which may not seem like a lot but he shouldn't be losing ANY weight, he should be gaining!  He did grow almost 1/2 inch in a month, so he is now 22#3oz (10.08kg) and 32.5  inches (82.5cm)......1.6% for weight and 10% for height.   He is starting to look skinnier because he is now growing taller and not gaining weight...he is losing his proportionate look.

The doc ordered more bloodwork (CBC, Metabolic Panel, Thyroid workup, ESR) and urinalysis.  We will have the results in a week.

I am calling the endocrinology nutritionist as our GI nutritionist has been less than helpful.  Hopefully she can shed some light on our situation and give me some help in getting him to gain....he does eat and drink well....24 oz of formula daily which is 720 calories, and I am sure he eats another 700 in food....so 1400 calories is 200 more then is needed for his weight and he STILL isn't gaining :(

I will keep you all posted......the rollercoaster ride continues!!  UGH!

Thanks for reading and supporting us!

Nancy (and Tyler, 23 1/2 months old)

"My  SONS are my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise THEM is my greatest challenge"