From:
lauren a. lindsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:05:42 -0700

My mom called again last night to tell me "goodbye".  I have become
accustomed to these late night calls of panic that she would not live
through the night.  She has been having these "attacks" for several
years now and no physician has ever been able to give her a diagnosis or
explanation for her symptoms.  Since I am celiac I urged her to be
tested.  Her antibody test came back negative.  She does admit to
feeling better on a gf diet and 8 times out of 10 she experiences her
dreaded symptoms after ingesting gluten BUT since on occassion she does
not have symptoms, she refuses to stay gf.  She says there is no way
gluten could be causing all of her miserable symptoms.  I keep telling
her I have read some really strange symptoms and I wouldn't ignore any
of them.

 Most of my symptoms had been gastro pain, bloating, muscle
aches, various other things so I can not relate to her symptoms much.  I
am biopsy proven and have been gf for 1 year.

 Some of her symptoms:

Rapid heartbeat
 chest pain
 left arm pain ( The local ER knows her
well)
 acid reflux
 stomache pain
 diarrhea
 sweating
 muscle aches
(diagnosed fibromyalgia 6 years ago)
 sleep disorder (again
fibromyalgia)
 cold clammy skin
 Most of all she senses such dreaded
doom that she really feels like she is dying.

 Anybody out there
experience symptoms like these?

 I have been trying to talk her into
having the stool testing, it is so expensive for her, I might just pay
for it myself.

 Thank you, will summarize
 Lauren