From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 06:13:27 -0400

The Celiac List is International in scope and we require that all
posts for product information include a location.

Here are two examples of problems that can developed when details
are not included in a post.

1.  Corn Pops in the US do not contain oats and are generally
accepted as safe for celiacs.  In Canada, Corn Pops contain oats
and therefore are avoided by many celiacs.

2.  I do not remember the brand right now, but years ago we had a
candy bar that was GF on the East Cost of the US but not on the West
Coast due to differences in ingredients.  The labels were accurate
on each one.

3.  Differences can also occur in medications.  When you call a drug
company, they normally ask for lot information.  This way they can
give you accurate information.  When celiacs talk about drugs, we
often forget about the differences in strengths of the same drug.

So please include a location somewhere in the body of your
questions, your replies to the poster, and your summaries.

Please also keep in mind that summaries are compiled by fellow
celiacs based on information obtained.  The use of any product
and its impact on your diet should be based on the reading of
labels and personal research when you feel nervous about the
accuracy of the label.

As many of our readers have found out the hard way, not all US
products are found in every US town.  When you do not see a product
in your favorite store, a phone call to the manufacturer can give
some insight into which stores carry an item.

 ---

Michael Jones  mailto:[log in to unmask]  Orlando, FL USA
One of the Celiac, Cel-Kids, Celiac-Diabetes & Cel-Pro Listowners:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/