From:
"Rand M. Blunck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:10:22 -0700
James,

This could result from a lot of things.  Try checking:

1)  The Device Manager to make sure you don't have interrupt or other
resource conflicts.

2)  Depending upon which OS you have, try checking system files and replace
any that are corrupt.

3)  Uninstall any software that you may have installed just before this
started happening and see if it corrects itself.

4)  Reinstall the operating system to see if it is repaired.

5)  Check your power supply.

6)  Back up everything you need, format the disk and reinstall everything
starting with the OS to see when/if the problem starts again.

Good luck,
Rand Blunck
Why Not Try Computing
Glendale, AZ