From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:49:27 -0700
Hi Delores,

It's not difficult at all to install memory.  However, making sure you get
the right kind can be more difficult than installing it.  If you are having
problems with Java games, I'm not sure I would point to memory first.  I
would ask first if you know of a similarly configured machine that did not
suffer the same problems.  If the answer is yes, I would look at other
causes.

Also, you says it "screws it up", but you don't mention how.  Does it lock
up, go slower, start getting fault screens, etc.?  What else is running at
the time?  What operating system?  How much memory do you have now?  What's
the speed of the cpu?  What kind of video?

I realize memory is cheap these days, but I hate to see you throw money (or
memory) at the problem, only to be disappointed that it doesn't even come
close to fixing the problem.  Depending on the o/s, it may even make the
problem worse.  If you give us more details, we should be able to give you
some ideas on what the problem is (heck, we may even discover it really is
memory).

Regards,

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions
Sales - Upgrades - Training - Consulting
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"