From:
Westly Montroos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:30:08 -0700
Hi,

I am using Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition in a
network enviroment. When I try to open the Symantec
System Center Console, to unlock my Server Group, I
get this error: Can't communicate with the Server
Group. Verify network connectivity, and that machines
are operating within the Group! If problem persists,
try cleaing the Server Group cache and re-discovering
all Server Groups.

Okay, I went to the Support & Services page of
Symantec, and they told me to do this:
1. Stop the following services:
Symantec System Center Discovery
Intel PDS service
Norton AntiVirus Server
2. Restart the services, and then open the server in
the server group.
3. Incorporate IPX/SPX as a secondary protocol on the
Symantec System Center computers only.

Okay, when I hit control alt delete, go to Task
Manager, I am able to find the way to disable or to
stop the Symantec System Center Discovery, Norton
AntiVirus Server, and the Intel PDS service.
But I have more question; what is the Intel PDS
service?
If you want to take a look at the Support page of
symantec of the error which I encounter, here is the
link:
http://service2.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/3d2a1f71c5a003348525680f006426be/5c1ef39aa7c4e67988256a220026a5d2?OpenDocument

Have a nice day,

Westly Montroos.