Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:57:50 +1000
Basicaly, yes. but, beware that the clip of heatsink is important beside of
its cooling performance. many people say they don't need to change
CPU/heatsink often, but I can tell you that even you don't do those things
often, you should still get a heatsink with easy to install/remove clip. eg.
I changed my heatsink few times since I first built my PC, and recently
upgraded to a Duron 1G, everytime I spent most of time just to remove
heatsink (without damage the cpu socket/mobo), some heatsink could require
you put half your body weight on it to install, remove them is just almost
impossible (without damage something).

If you don't mind, I recommend a heatsink with 7000rpm+ fan unit, it will be
little noisy, but give you better cooling.
*I personal prefer 8000rpm, it sounds like a small jet, but really keeping
cpu cool.

Jun Qian