From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 16:49:48 -0500
The hub is a Netsurf 8-port, 10 Mb, Ethernet hub, model NC-N8PHub-R.  I
picked it up from a clearance sale, new in the box.  It has 9 RJ-45 ports
and 1 BNC.  Uplinks may be made via RJ-45 or BNC.  There is no switch for
the uplink.  RJ-45 Port 1 is marked for uplink and is "tied" to Port 2
(straight connection), so that only one may be active at a time.  When the
uplink port (Port 1) is in use, and Port 2 open, the indicator lights show
that both Ports 1 & 2 are in use.  Connections made were:
Port 1 - Uplink
Port 3 - Computer (later swapped to Port 5 for diagnostic testing).
Port 4 - Web cam
We were able to access the web cam from within the local network, but not
from outside.  That was the goal - to share images with other conference
sites.  However, we may have been using an incorrect IP address for the
camera.  We'll discuss the IP address with the system administrator.

Thanks!
Ron Jobe