From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:51:07 -0700
Has the icon disappeared from your desktop, or has the recycled icon
disappeared from c:\recycled?  If you still have c:\recycled you can put the
icon back on your desktop just by right-clicking on the garbage can icon and
choosing create shortcut.  But why do that, you don't need to run deleted
files through the recycle bin where you have to delete them again. If you
still have c:\recycled, right click on it and choose properties.  Then click
on the "global" tab.  Check "one setting for all drives, but set the slider
to zero first.  Then check the box that says "delete and don't send to
recycle bin". With this setting your files are deleted and you don't need to
go empty the recycle bin.  You also have one less icon on your desktop.  If
it's gone from c:\, go to start/run, type in "sfc" without the quotes and
hit enter.  Run the system file checker and it should tell you the file was
deleted or is missing or corrupt.  It will prompt you to restore it from
your Win 98 SE disk.  It should automatically fill in the restore from line,
but if it doesn't, type in the letter of your CD drive like this: if your
drive is F:\win98\.  Click OK and it will or should restore the file to c:\.

Subject: [PCBUILD] recycle bin

The recycle bin has disappeared from my pc. How do I get it back? I`m using
win 98 se.
          Thanks

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com